A free short course topic from HealthcareBusinessOffice, with our compliments.
Note: This short course does not carry any preapproved AAPC CEUs.
Coding Diabetes in ICD-10-CM is a free short course on Cloud-CD™ from HealthcareBusinessOffice that is packed with information about ICD-10-CM coding for diabetes. In this course the following areas are covered:
- Coding diabetes with ICD-10-CM combination codes.
- Conventions of combination coding relating to diabetes.
- Coding diabetes as primary vs. secondary.
- When and when not to code insulin use.
- Overview of Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes and its complications.
- Using ICD-10-CM combination codes to code diabetic complications.
- ICD-10-CM listing structure of diabetes combination codes.
- Overview of gestational diabetes.
- When to code gestational diabetes vs. pre-existing diabetes.
- Coding insulin use during pregnancy.
- Terminology and physiology (physiological function of the body relating to diabetes).
This course includes practice questions (multiple choice and fill in the blank) to practice what you’ve just learned. The answer key is self-contained in the course. Get access to this topic by clicking on the link below. It’s free! (After you fill out the form, you’ll receive the access link in about 24 hours.)