*** A Great Topic Refresher! ***
A self-paced CD-ROM continuing education course
Preapproved for 15.0 CEUs by AAPC, for Core (CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPB, CPPM), and CASCC, CEMC Specialties
“What a convenient way to earn my CEUs! I like the CD format, so I can take the time I need if I want to spend more time on specific topics.”
— H.S., Wisconsin
Who should take this course?
- Physician coding and billing staff
- Physician office managers
- Clinic and hospital coding and billing staff
- Medical billing companies
- CPC and CPC-H certification holders fulfilling AAPC annual CEU requirements
Walking Through the ASC Codes (Ambulatory Surgery Centers) is a comprehensive CD-ROM based interactive course. This self-paced CD-ROM course will discuss the most commonly reported procedures performed in ambulatory surgery centers (ASC). Procedures codes, description of codes, and code usage will be covered along with appropriate modifiers for ASCs. This course involves the participant with interactive practice questions and case studies. It is also an excellent tool for those who code in a specialty and want to gain exposure to other specialty areas.
This course is available in the traditional CD-ROM media, or our exclusive Cloud-CD™ format. With Cloud-CD™ format, your computer won’t need a CD/DVD drive to run the course, but you will need access to the Internet. The image of the CD is stored “in the cloud”, so you can access course content using a browser on your system. Click here for more information on Cloud-CD.
Click here to see the brochure (requires Adobe Acrobat Reader) on Walking Through the ASC Codes (Ambulatory Surgery Centers), or continue reading below.
Click here to see sample slides for this course (also require Adobe Acrobat Reader).
The self-paced nature of the course allows you to work at your own pace. This is also an excellent way to satisfy the continuing education provision of the compliance plan of a physician practice or third party billing firm.
This course has been pre-approved for 15.0 Continuing Education Units from AAPC, for credential holders. CEUs can be applied to Core (CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPB, CPPM) and CASCC, CEMC specialty credentials. So for a very reasonable investment, you’ll be able to tune up your knowledge and fulfill a large portion of your annual CEU requirement!
Here’s a sampling of what Walking Through the ASC Codes (Ambulatory Surgery Centers) covers:
- Chapter 1: About ASC’s
- Chapter 2: Orthopedics
- Arthroscopy services of the shoulder and knee
- Rotator cuff repair
- SLAP types and repair
- Shoulder compression
- Knee anatomy, codes, repairs, chondroplasty, meniscectomy
- Chapter 3: Pain management
- Defining types of pain
- Injection treatments, types of injections
- Trigger points
- Nerve block for brachial plexus and intercostal
- Back pain including treatment injections
- Chapter 4: Urology
- Ureteral catheterization
- Cystourethroscopy services, including stone removal and lithotripsy
- Laser coagulation and vaporization
- Chapter 5: Ophthalmology
- Brief anatomy of the eye
- Treatment of degeneration of the cornea
- Cataract procedures
- Intra- and extracapsular services
- Inserting a secondary IOL
- Chapter 6: ENT
- Nasal endoscopy
- Tonsillectomy (primary and secondary)
- Chapter 7: Plastic Surgery
- Eyelid procedures
- Breast augmentation
- Modifiers (if applicable)
- Chapter 8: Gynecology
- Tubal ligation
- Myomectomy (including myoma types)
- Chapter 9: Gastroenterology
- Endoscopy – upper GI
- Services on the small intestine
- Chapter 10: Modifiers for ASCs – which modifiers are appropriate to use
To run Walking Through the ASC Codes (Ambulatory Surgery Centers) on your computer, the CD-ROM option requires a PC with Microsoft Windows 7, 8, or later, and a CD-ROM drive. The Cloud-CD™ option is compatible with either an Apple Mac or a Windows PC.
Make your selection below. Additional user licenses can be added when you get to the shopping cart.
Additional users: For this course, we offer user licenses for additional users sharing the same CD, for $75 each additional user. Must be purchased at the same time as the CD. A great way for significant savings when multiple users can share the same CD.
Any questions, just call us toll free at 800-515-3235.