*** A great overview of the ICD-10 system ***
*** Use it as a refresher course! ***
A self-paced CD-based continuing education course
Also available in Cloud-CD™ format (more info)
Preapproved for 18.0 CEUs by AAPC for Core (CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPB, CPPM) and ALL specialties except CIRCC
Eligible for 18.0 CEUs from AHIMA upon submission
“I loved your CD course, ‘Dive Into ICD-10’. It made sense! In fact, your CD helped me see the elegant beauty of ICD-10. And getting to dig into the ICD-10 codes really helped make this new series a lot less intimidating.”
— K.G., Maine
Who should take this course?
- Physician coding and billing staff
- Physician office managers
- Clinic and hospital coding and billing staff
- Medical billing companies
- CPC and CPC-H certification holders fulfilling AAPC annual CEU requirements
Dive Into ICD-10 is a comprehensive CD-based interactive course, also available in Cloud-CD™ format (see below). This self-paced CD course offers a detailed review of coding conventions for ICD-10, along with covering the structure of the ICD-10-CM (diagnosis) and ICD-10-PCS (procedure) code sets. Also covered are medical terminology, anatomy concepts including illustrations, and guidelines and tips regarding each code block and code family. The course engages the user with interactive practice questions and case studies.
This course is available in the traditional CD-ROM media, or our exclusive Cloud-CD™ format. With Cloud-CD™ format, your computer won’t need a CD/DVD drive to run the course, but you will need access to the Internet. The image of the CD is stored “in the cloud”, so you can access course content using a browser on your system. Click here for more information on Cloud-CD.
The self-paced nature of the course allows you to work at your own pace. This is also an excellent way to satisfy the continuing education provision of the compliance plan of a physician practice or third party billing firm.
This course has been pre-approved for 18.0 Continuing Education Units from the AAPC for Core (CPC, CPC-H, CPC-P, CPB, CPPM), and is eligible for 18 CEUs from AHIMA. So for a reasonable cost, you’ll be able to tune up your knowledge and fulfill a large portion of your annual CEU requirement toward both credentials if you have them!
Here’s a sampling of what Dive Into ICD-10 covers:
- Section One – Overview of ICD
- Chapter 1 – About the ICD Coding System
Short history of the development of ICD-10
- Chapter 2 – Back to Basics
Comparing ICD-10 to ICD-9, conventions carried from version 9 to 10, and new conventions with ICD-10
- Section Two – New Codes on the Block
- Chapter 3 – Code Blocks A00-E89
Regarding infectious, and parasitic diseases, neoplasms, blood, endocrine, metabolic, and nutritional disorders
- Chapter 4 – Code Blocks F01-F99
Mental and behavioral disorders and their codes are reviewed in detail
- Chapter 5 – Body System Diseases G00-L99
On the nervous system, eye and adnexa, ear and mastoid, circulatory, respiratory, and digestive systems
- Chapter 6 – Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue M00-M99
All regarding the musculoskeletal system and its related codes
- Chapter 7 – Diseases of the Genitourinary System N00-N99
Regarding codes for the reproductive and urinary systems, including diseases of the bladder, kidney, sphincter muscles, and reproductive systems
- Chapter 8 – Pregnancy, Childbirth, and Puerperium O00-O9a
On conditions that occur during pregnancy, childbirth, and the first 6 weeks after delivery
- Chapter 9 – Certain Conditions Originating the Perinatal Period P00-P96
Codes involving neonatal screenings, birth trauma, infections specific to this period and more
- Chapter 10 – Congenital Malformations, Deformations, and Chromosomal Abnormalities Q00-Q99
Regarding malformations of the nervous system, eye, face, ear, neck, cleft lip, and other malformations
- Chapter 11 – Symptoms, Signs, and Abnormal Clinical and Laboratory Findings R00-R99
Diagnosis codes for symptoms, signs, and abnormal clinical lab findings, along with tips on when certain codes are appropriate
- Chapter 12 – Injury, Poisoning and Certain Other Consequences of External Cause Coding S00-T88
Formerly known as “E” codes, this chapter covers codes regarding fractures, crushing injuries, poisonings, burns, and more
- Chapter 13 – External Causes of Morbidity Y00-Y99
Diagnosis codes involving environmental events or circumstances that cause injury
- Chapter 14 – Factors Influencing Health Status and Contact with Health Services Z00-Z99
Codes in this category report circumstances that do not involve a chief complaint; learn how these codes are used with others to obtain proper coding
- Section Three – ICD-10-PCS
Regarding procedure codes in ICD-10-PCS, what each character position in the PCD represents, and how to use the table to build the correct procedure code
- Examples, case studies, practice questions, review quiz with immediate audio and visual feedback
To run Dive Into ICD-10 on your computer, the CD-ROM option requires a PC with Microsoft Windows 7, 8, or later, and a CD-ROM drive. The Cloud-CD™ option is compatible with either an Apple Mac or a Windows PC.
Make your selection below. Additional user licenses can be added when you get to the shopping cart.
Additional users: For this course, we offer user licenses for additional users sharing the same CD-ROM or Cloud-CD, for $90 each additional user. Must be purchased at the same time as the CD. A great way for significant savings when multiple users can share the same CD.
Any questions, just call us toll free at 800-515-3235.